Enough light to see the path; enough courage to take the step; enough sense to enjoy the walk; enough company to share the time.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Fool (a "haiku" cycle): XXIV

Image: National Geographic


























Delicate and bold,
April's hummingbird arrives,
Visits the flow'rs.

Quixotic, sublime,
Masculine, he is much like
Someone I once knew.

"You were fun at first:
Lots of laughs, cute debates, but
Now I'm bored with you."


All those things he said,
sharply focused, pierced my heart,
needlelike, precise.

He loved me the best
that he could, but the truth is:
he never knew me.




For L.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. +1 for use of quixotic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you, Ruth! I'm so glad you like it—and "quixotic" has floated around my mind the past day or so.

      Delete
  2. Stunning imagery in both word and photograph. I'm with Bullish ... you definitely get extra points for using the word, "quixotic" -- leaves me breathless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! [batting eyelashes demurely] Inhale!

      Delete

I'm grateful that you are taking the time to comment, and I look forward to reading what you have to say!