Enough light to see the path; enough courage to take the step; enough sense to enjoy the walk; enough company to share the time.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Fool—No April Fool! Guest Post Instead!


War on Silence 
by Iain, known as Beowulfsson


Today, O Silence, I make war on thee.
Here and now, I declare my sovereignty.
Your power is broken over me.

Today I stand strong, tall and proud
Before the hushed and awestruck crowd.
Today I shall strike you down.
Today I will take your crown.

Today you will fall at my feet.
Today I take your royal seat.
“Who will stand with me?"
"Who will open his eyes and see,
Silence has no power o’er thee?”




10 comments:

  1. I see a young and upcoming poet in our midst! Keep up the good work & you will be a great and famed writer one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sounds, Beowulfsson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *slow clap* Well-done! I enjoyed that - looking forward to seeing more soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr.Kuzia, i appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  4. Very good. Really like the way your lines read here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dr. Fraser, I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Hope you are keeping a poetry journal of some sort. It's worth writing down the fragments and ideas. Sometimes they turn into poems and sometimes they don't, but it will always be interesting to look back at what your mind was thinking about! Keep up the good work, Iain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the advice, Mrs. Nellie, i'll keep that in mind. Also, thanks so much for commenting on my poetry, I need all the advice and feedback I can get .

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful that you are taking the time to comment, and I look forward to reading what you have to say!