Enough light to see the path; enough courage to take the step; enough sense to enjoy the walk; enough company to share the time.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Touch the Looking Glass

Life feels sometimes like a mirror
Cold hard and empty
of the image it reflects

Touch me, let me touch you

I am lost in my reflections
like my mirror turned cold and hard
but I am not empty

Touch me, let me touch you

You’ve formed yourself whole in my heart
break it with your songs
with your dancing

Touch me, let me touch you

I will not cut you with my mirror’s sharp edge
cold and hard sometimes
but I am never empty

You touch me, let me touch you

 
 
 







2 comments:

  1. Amazing. My interpretation Professor: We tend toward selfishness and isolation in life (often without even realizing it), until someone breaks away from their own self-centeredness and shares the grace of their touch -- their gifts. It's this that we've been searching for in the wilderness. Now it's our turn to break away and allow the other to look into our mirror to see how beautiful they are -- by touching them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full marks, Ms. Gluck! You may be seated. Class, anything to add? ;)

      The thing I love about comments is the additive insight others can bring to a reading.

      Delete

I'm grateful that you are taking the time to comment, and I look forward to reading what you have to say!