Enough light to see the path; enough courage to take the step; enough sense to enjoy the walk; enough company to share the time.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Semiotics



The languages of hands
are older
than the languages of words
The meanings are older
deeper
The languages of bodies
are older yet
Joints and skin
movement, containment, contents
have their distinct syntax
boundaries required
for discernment and sensation

You ask me to explain
my devotion (with words
     you mean)
but have not our hands already
spoken volumes on our behalf?
And have not our bodies clearly
cried joy, old friends, long parted
(ancient partners of a different sort)
in reunion?











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! The words make my skin long for contact!! Love the phrase "have not our hands already spoken volumes" <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! And my fave phrase is also "have not our hands already spoken volumes".

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful that you are taking the time to comment, and I look forward to reading what you have to say!